San Miguel de Arcángel Chapel

Together with the surrounding old buildings, it is an exceptional testimony of the fully historical atmosphere that the square once offered thanks to its architectural harmony. It was ordered to be built in 1506 by the Adelantado as a family pantheon; it was also the site of the first meetings of the Island’s Cabildo, as reflected on a plaque on its façade. Both functions are discarded over time, and the lack of interest in their maintenance will be a constant until the contemporary period.

ermita de san miguel
Skip to content