Church of San Bartolomé de Tejina
The temple began as a simple chapel, probably in the late sixteenth century, given the remoteness of the town from the Church of La Concepcion de La Laguna. The current building is derived from that, but with numerous transformations.
The church has three naves separated by arches cut out of the stone on Tuscan pillars of a square section, with the robust semicircular toral arch (made between 1747 and 1759) separating the main nave from the presbytery, which is raised on steps, as is the main chapel. The coffered ceilings that cover the three naves are of pair and knuckle, without decoration, except in the double braces with lightly decorated lace that reinforce the walls. The three chapels at the head have coffered ceilings with decorative lace in the musk.
The choir, built in 1786-1787, was rebuilt in 1906; the baptismal chapel in 1831 and the stone floor dates from 1889.
On the outside, the main facade shows a certain asymmetry with the body of the belfry in stone separating the central nave from the Epistle, with a double semicircular arch for bells. The main stone doorway rises up on a curved staircase, while on the sides there is an oculus, and on the opposite side the volume of the tower, with three bodies, topped by a sharp spire.
The exterior masonry walls are highlighted by ashlars, which translate the chapels and the corners of the church on the outside, opening several semicircular windows and small windows that are distributed rhythmically on the walls. On the Epistle side, a second doorway has a semicircular arch finished off by a triangular pediment. The naves have independent roofs made of Arabic tiles on both sides, while the respective chapels have three skirts (the side ones) and four, the highest one, on the higher side.
On 27th June 2006, the following was declared an Asset of Interest